Senior Lecturer, Anatomy, Education Focussed
UNSW’s Education Focussed roles (EF) enable academics to specialise in education and devote their time to delivering high-quality teaching and pursuing initiatives to enhance the educational experience of our students. Those who are appointed to this prestigious specialisation will be expected to successfully drive educational excellence within the university’s teaching and learning communities.
The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) and Biosciences Buildings on the Kensington campus, but also includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick. https://medicalsciences.med.unsw.edu.au/
The role will operate within the Department of Anatomy whose research themes incorporate neurosciences, applied and clinical anatomy, medical imaging, anatomical sciences education, developmental biology, and anthropology. The Department teaches into a range of programs including Medicine, Exercise Physiology, Biomedical Engineering and Science/Advanced Science/Medical Sciences.
About the role:
- 3 Year Fixed Term, Full Time position
- Level C: $130K - $149K (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Based at Kensington Campus - Sydney, Australia.
The Senior Lecturer – Education Focussed will be responsible for making a significant contribution to excellence in education within the anatomical sciences. The position will require outstanding communication and education skills, including engagement with UNSW Australia’s contemporary pedagogy and innovation in teaching and learning platforms. The Senior Lecturer will be responsible for making a significant contribution to excellence in research-led teaching within the anatomical sciences that complements existing strengths and resources within the School and Department. Please review the position description for full details on the role requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in anatomy and/or medical imaging, or a clinical qualification in medicine or allied health
- Demonstrated experience in teaching courses in the anatomical sciences including topographical anatomy
- Actively stays up to date with discipline knowledge and development
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design using a range of pedagogical approaches, development and delivery of courses and programs, at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience of implementing educational technologies and online delivery methods
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence and fostering this in others
- Demonstrated experience with industry or work integrated learning
- Evidence of professional development of teaching practice in self and others with the ability to advance and lead an inclusive culture of excellence in learning and teaching
- Demonstrated success in initiating curriculum development and improvement
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the profession and industry and attract funding for learning and teaching initiatives
You must apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Contact (role inquiries only):
Professor Nalini Pather - E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11 pm, 6th February 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity