Deputy Director, Library Services
- Senior leadership role in Student Administration & Library Services
- Full time, ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- HEW 10: $121,833 – $138,619 + 17% superannuation
About the Job
We have an excellent opportunity to join our Student Administration & Library Services in the integral role of Deputy Director, Library Services in 2020.
We are looking for a strategic leader who will be responsible for the management of library services, collections and projects to meet the learning, teaching and research needs of the University’s community.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most innovative and efficient academic libraries in the country and in this role you will oversee the Library Services team of 45 staff across 3 campuses and a library collections budget of almost $6 million dollars. In addition, developing innovative strategies, policies and processes to ensure Swinburne has a leading library service and experience for users.
As a member of the senior leadership team in the Student Administration and Library Services department you will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the University on strategy and planning for the Library function.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Contribute to a streamlined and enriched student experience with our Students team. You’ll help ensure every touch point is a positive one – from attraction to course support and campus life, right through to graduation and work or further study opportunities. Our Students team comprises of the following areas: Marketing, Recruitment and Channel Integration; Student Administration & Library Services; Student and Academic Services; and Media and External Communications.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline with extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proven experience in planning and management for library or information services in large and complex organisations.
- Proven experience in building partnerships, complex stakeholder management and experience, and driving and negotiating change.
- Proven strategic capabilities to think and deliver on innovative ideas to meet the needs of stakeholders and deliver exceptional service.
- Proven experience in strategic resource management, including financial, physical and staffing.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description. For further information about this position, contact Michelle Gillespie (Director Student Administration and Library Services) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday January 31st 2020