Head of Institute of Education
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
The Head is accountable to the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences for intellectual, academic and organisational leadership of the Institute of Education, and for engaging in senior leadership collaboration and portfolio leadership within the College.
Acting in accordance with the University’s charter and strategies as a Te Tiriti-led University, the Head will:
- shape the intellectual direction of the Institute as a leading New Zealand centre for educational research
- supervise the Institute’s mission as the defining hub of graduate and postgraduate education in New Zealand, and as a preferred provider internationally
- lead strategy development, business planning and management of people and physical resources necessary for the delivery of these goals
- foster a culture of collaboration and excellence within the Institute and College
- lead relevant portfolios within the College as determined by the Pro Vice-Chancellor.
As the leader of the Institute of Education, you will have a doctoral qualification and a strong academic record with a background of acknowledged and respected research and teaching, and high standing in education, teacher education or a relevant social science field linked to education. Such a profile is essential to the level of respect and credibility in the University and the New Zealand tertiary sector that the incumbent will need in order to perform the required role, and subsequent academic role, within the Institute.
The Director must also have a record as an accomplished organisational leader with demonstrated ability to operate with the complexity of a large, diverse and geographically dispersed academic unit.
Application close Sunday, 2 February 2020. With interviews for shortlisted applicants to be undertaken the week commencing 16 February 2020.
Closing date: 2 February 2020
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz