Organization Development and Rewards Officer
The Human Resources Department is looking for an incumbent for the position of Organization Development and Rewards Officer, To work as a seasoned HR professional, effectively working on the Performance Management System, Rewards, Compensation, position description, position classification, organization development/design aligned with university objectives, and promote a positive organizational culture and climate.
Rewards & Compensation
- In consultation with Manager-OD&T, designs, develops and improves compensation systems and programs through research and knowledge of best practices to ensure they are supportive of University goals and operations.
- Responsible for conducting compensation assessments across levels, with a multi-dimensional approach, for new hires (to ensure appropriate placement) and existing employees, as required or requested, ensuring the recommendations are effective, fair and objective.
- Responsible for application of compensation policies, procedures and principles in a consistent, equitable and objective way to enhance trust and confidence in university’s compensation philosophy.
- Advises employee community for providing clarity on matters related to compensation and rewards programs, and communicate the relevance and impact of compensation and reward programs to employees.
- Provides recommendations to Manager-OD&T in the area of compensation, rewards and workplace initiatives.
- With supervision of the OD&T Manager, Responsible to provide support to the employee performance management system.
- Provides support in setting Objectives and KPIs, to ensure that employees are setting smart Objectives and measurable KPIs.
- Ongoing management and monitoring of Objectives and KPIs ensuring all employees have submitted them through Oracle, without inaccuracies.
- Creates and analyses Reports on the status of the Performance Appraisals and ratings assigned, to ensure that they are aligned with the mandatory FAHR Distribution.
- Prepares the required documents and reports for the Moderation Committee’s review.
- Conducts training sessions for employees under the lead of the OD&T manager, regarding Performance Management System related procedures and processes.
- Provide Oracle HRMS support to end users, regarding the use of Performance Management System.
Organization Development & Design
- Designs, implements and revises position descriptions ensuring that they are in line with best practices and reflect dimensions of Hay Job Evaluation Methodology.
- In consultation of Manager-OD&T, responsible for development and updating of various staff position grade’s descriptors.
- Works with Academic and Administrative leaders to ensure appropriate job design and documentation of responsibilities.
- Study the Organization’s Structure and Design, including Department and Divisions.
- Support the implementation of new and ongoing OD programs ensuring their timely and effective delivery.
- Responsible for designing, developing and publishing of almost real-time automated organization charts for the entire university and making sure that the Reporting hierarchy is accurate
- Oversees, implements, administers and improves the on-going position evaluation and grading program for staff positions.
- Spearheads Job Evaluation Committee ensuring technical consistency while evaluating jobs appropriately, fairly and consistently on Hay Job Evaluation Methodology. Also, responsible for summarizing the evaluation outcome and recommendations for approval process and future references.
- Responsible for Organizing Community Building Events, such as the End of Year Luncheon Event for all employees including, corporate gift preparation process, venue and other arrangements.
- Works with HR Director on special projects and provides recommendations, etc.
- Performs special projects and analysis with functional working relationships across the HR Department, e.g. with R&L on Performance Management and other salary and classification related matters, with HR Services (Senior HCIS Specialist) on Salaries, Contracts and organization charts related matters, etc.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of the HAY Methodology.
- Demonstrated success simultaneously managing multiple projects and priorities, delivering timely and effective results.
- High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and web-based tools.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.