Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in the HeXie Management Research Centre
LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR in the HeXie MANAGEMENT RESEARCH CENTRE
DEPARTMENT: HeXie Management Research Centre
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Comprehensive research centre that offers multidisciplinary insights in management, education, sociology
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: 21,611-48,056 RMB/month (from lecturer to professor)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 20th Dec, 2019
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 20th Dec, 2020
JOB ID: 995679
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for all programmes. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has almost 15,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become truly research-led, and has recently committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of PhD student numbers on campus.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). Suzhou has been ranked the 74th most liveable city in the 2018 Global Liveability Index. Additionally, it is well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M. Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards. The nearby Jinji Lake provides attractive views, by day and by night, and there is a variety of shopping facilities, international and local restaurants, entertainment hubs and nightlife. Suzhou is also home to four international schools.
HeXie Management Research Centre (HeXie Centre), founded in 2019, is a comprehensive research centre that offers multidisciplinary insights for the academy, teaching and training in management, education, sociology, aiming to contribute to the better development of human society. HeXie Centre is committed to inspiring, nurturing imagination and creativity, spurring leading and original innovation, making pioneering contributions to management theory and the new era development of China, through integrating eastern and western wisdom, combining history and future, bridging the gap between theory and practice.
Under the leadership of Professor Xi, director of the HeXie Centre, a high-level research team including professors, lecturers, experts and part-time researchers, collaborate on the research, teaching, and social services. The Centre is part of the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD), and also supports the consulting and research projects of XIPU New Era Development Research Institute (NEDRI) in order to collectively serve the society through close collaboration and creation of new knowledge. HeXie Centre consists of an academic network, the research community, research & development fund, and operation department. Researchers are self-organising to form research teams or community. The operation department provides support and service for the HeXie Centre. The academic committee, the management practice committee and development fund committee will be formed in the near future.
The HeXie Management Research Centre is organising a series of brand activities. These include HeXie Management Forum, HeXie Management Case Development Plan (HeXie-CDP), HeXie Management Industry Entrepreneur Programme (HeXie-IEP), Certificate in Industry and Enterprise Tailored Education (CIETE, a pilot programme for the Syntegrative Education, SE), HeXie Management Student Inspiring Lab (HeXie-SIL) and the Alliance for Innovation Ecosystem of HeXie Management and Industrial Internet (HeXie-AIE).
The key research topics of HeXie Centre are as follows:
- Deepening HeXie Management Theory based on philosophical reflection, integration of eastern and western wisdom, historical perspective, conceptual development of HeXie Mindset, and HeXie management in ecosystem management, etc;
- Exploring and conceptualising the management practices of ecosystem-based organisations based on HeXie Management Theory, topics include reshaping the conceptual foundation and theoretical frameworks of organisational evolution, strategic transformation, social governance, leadership, business models. Further advances the studies related to HeXie management through the dialogues with influential academic contributions from China and abroad;
- Under the context of new technology, to conduct research on social concerns such as strategic transformation and upgrading (i.e. green economy and digital transformation of organisations), and specific topics within the fields of strategic management, organisational evolution, and leadership research, etc;
- The application of HeXie Management Theory in managing ecosystem-based organisations and systems with a focus on improving the performance and ecological dividend of such organisations and systems.
- The applications of HeXie Management Theory and case studies in specific managerial topics such as Industrial Internet, agriculture, large-scale engineering projects, as well as development zone (high-tech zone), and industrial park level innovation ecosystem construction and evolution mechanism. Our goal is to develop easy-to-use management tools and techniques to refine management practices and directly serve the society.
For this application we welcome applications for Lecturer, Associate Professor, and Professor level positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The full time Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor will have 30% of their workload in teaching and social service, and 70% in research. All research should be directed by the vision and mission of the Centre toward the objectives of the Centre’s development by stages. Also, valuable alternative research that would serve the vision and mission of the Centre would also be encouraged.
Academic research is one of the key activities in HeXie Centre. The main research achievements or academic responsibilities include:
- Think Tank research reports
- Policy proposals
- Current affairs reviews
- Academic papers
- Project reports
- Teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Business case development
- Supervision of junior researchers
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Being able to have international academic influence in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy;
- Being able to apply knowledge in doing research for the HeXie Centre and develop research potential using accumulated experience from doctoral studies;
- Being able to submit working papers or research reports to HeXie Centre;
- Being able to produce influential research paper or research outcomes in the research field;
- Being able to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials, practical sessions, workshops and student field excursions in both undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes;
- Being able to support various activities designed for students, professionals, and scholars;
- Being able to prepare individual and group research proposal submissions to internal and external funding bodies;
- Being able to supervise or co-supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects within the field of expertise;
- Being able to attend at departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
- Work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, able to priorities tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative.
- PhD degree or being in the process of completing in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy;
- Experience in conducting high-quality academic research, track record of refereed research publications would be highly regarded;
- Experience in curriculum and subject material development;
- Ability to mentor and provide research guidance to junior researchers;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Ambition in academic research pursuit;
- Experience or qualifications in teaching in a tertiary environment is an asset;
- A high level of interpersonal skills;
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please submit your applications online, https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above. Informal enquiries about the positions and the department may be addressed to Head/Dean of Department, you could find the information from our job application webpage.
Informal enquiries please contact the Human Resource Office at email@example.com .
Apply for Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor in the HeXie Management Research Centre
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly