Teaching Fellow of ILEAD K15 Training Programme
POSITION TITLE: Teaching Fellow of ILEAD K15 Training Programme
DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTE OF LEADERSHIP & EDUCATION ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT (ILEAD)
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Language Education
SALARY: 16,937-30,762 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 34,219RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 28-Aug-19
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 28-Feb-20
JOB ID: 995339
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution and the first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for all programmes. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has over 10,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become truly research-led, and has recently committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of PhD student numbers on campus.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP). Suzhou has been ranked the 74th most liveable city in the 2018 Global Liveability Index. Additionally, it is well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M. Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards. The nearby Jinji Lake provides attractive views, by day and by night, and there is a variety of shopping facilities, international and local restaurants, entertainment hubs and nightlife. Suzhou is also home to four international schools.
ILEAD is a unique and leading centre for education innovation, development, and education of educators (degree programmes) in education globally. Its key customers include XJTLU students, XJTLU staff, as well as local, regional, national and international educational practitioners and institutions. The main business of ILEAD includes:
- Pedagogical programmes (Postgraduate Taught and PhD degree programmes)
- Support for XJTLU student learning
- Educational and professional development for XJTLU staff
- Global community for education innovation
- Training and development initiatives for external educators and professionals in education sector
- Research on future university (internationalization, learning and teaching, educational leadership, educational management).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Applications are invited for teaching fellow in the field of K15 language education/early years’ childhood language education with the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (Suzhou, China), a joint venture established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
The successful applicant is also expected to take the role of the teaching fellow, is going to work within the Product Team (Child Development and Education) for teacher training programmes to K15 schools. A key responsibility of this post is to support research in early years’ language education and facilitate professional development teacher training programmes to K15 teachers.
- Support research project of early years’ language education at institute and university level.
- Delivery of training programme on English language related teaching to young learners according to different aims.
- Recommend, lead and facilitate the effective sharing of good practices in bi-lingual picture book reading and writing to related projects.
- Maintain and develop resources, including websites and other tools that facilitate national and international good practices in language related teaching to young learners.
- Demonstrate English teaching classes of young learners for staffs and trainees, and schools.
- Provide expert and specialist advice and guidance to staff in developing excellence in language teaching to young learners.
- Act as a consultant/coach to other staff seeking to enhance the quality of their teaching and training ability to young language learners.
- Carry out any other duties as required, commensurate with the role position.
- Well-developed cultural awareness.
- A flexible approach to working.
- Proactive and ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience in language education to young learners in China for at least three years, especially in kindergarten education.
- Master degree in elementary education or language education or early years’ language education or related area
- Applicant with bachelor degree in elementary education or language education or early years’ language education or related area with at least 10 years working experience especially in kindergarten education is encouraged to apply.
- PhD degree in language or elementary education or early years’ education or related area.
- Experience in picture book reading and writing to kindergarten kids.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 55 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application to AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. In the subject line write the position you are applying for and quote the job ID number for reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
Apply for Teaching Fellow of ILEAD K15 Training Programme
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly