7 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Genetics at Stanford University is seeking a Bioinformatician/Research Data Analyst to study the mechanisms of aging and rejuvenation in a systematic manner (http://web.stanford.edu/group/brunet/). This is a unique opportunity to independently conduct a portion of a research project and to participate in cutting-edge and collaborative research at Stanford. The successful candidate will develop new algorithms and perform data analysis on unpublished high-throughput datasets from whole tissues and purified cells from young and old individuals (e.g. RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, proteomics), with a particular focus on stem cell aging and rejuvenation. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment. Primary responsibilities are to design and conduct analysis and to develop pipelines and algorithms for large-scale datasets. The successful candidate will also be involved in several research projects in the lab and collaborate with other labs at Stanford. Experience in programming and a background in statistical analysis are required. Experience in high-throughput genomic data analysis and an understanding of biology are desired. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with members of the research team.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data.
- Prepare figures for publication and presentation.
- Collaborate with lab members on data collection and analysis methods.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
- Four-year college degree in statistics, computational science or similar, with a strong publication record.
- Experience with high-throughput datasets (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq).
- Ability to generate novel pipelines to analyze unique types of data.
- Strong experience in the use of a high-level programming language such as R, MATLAB, Python or Perl.
- Strong statistical background and experience in applying statistical packages in R and proficiency in the use of Bioconductor packages.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent projects.
- Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and experience in high throughput data analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Requisition ID: 79256