Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Pediatrics
7 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS), UAE University, is seeking candidates for faculty positions in several paediatric sub-specialties, as Assistant, Associate or Full professor, commensurate with qualification and previous experience. The College of Medicine operates an internationally recognized, integrated, problem/team-based learning curriculum and provides excellent research facilities. It has been ranked in the 150-175th group in the Times Higher Education world university ranking in 2019, better placed than many Western universities. The paediatric department is also widely recognized for its excellence in medical education and in research.
A brief description of the role is as follows:
- The appointee will be involved in the undergraduate teaching and examination of medical students and in the paediatric residency and fellowship programs in our affiliated teaching hospitals. In addition to paediatric clerkship, which is the core of our educational work, involvement in teaching and examining preclinical students is also expected.
- Clinical service at consultant level will be provided, with inpatient, outpatient and on-call duty, at the teaching hospitals affiliated to the university (Tawam and Al Ain hospitals) both accredited by the Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA).
- Active participation in educational and college administrational functions, including committees, is also expected.
- Clinical and/or laboratory-based research with clinical colleagues in the affiliated teaching hospitals and with other CMHS faculty is expected and encouraged. Research productivity is an integral part of these positions as it is a major requirement for promotion and contract renewal. Maintaining, developing and nurturing ongoing research collaboration with the candidates’ international colleagues is expected.
Candidates for these positions must hold an MD or MBBS degree, in addition to a certification of specialization and sub specialization in their field by the American Board or equivalent from Europe, Australasia or North America, with recognized advanced training in their respective subspecialty. Previous experience in research and in medical education are important prerequisite in order to establish a pathway for future career progression in our university.
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Pediatrics - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty
More searches like this
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates