Research Associate, Engineering, Dental/Bio/Materials
You will contribute to the research activities of AMAC specifically those activities funded by the CRC Projects Grant “Dentistry without mercury: Glass-fibre reinforced flowable dental composite restorative materials”. This is a collaborative project between Industries, University of Sydney and University of Wollongong. The Research Associate will be expected to contribute to the production of research output as per the project guidelines, liaise with the industry and university partners and co-supervise PhD and undergraduate students involved in the project.
Each position reports to Prof. Gangadhara Prusty, and has no direct reports.
- Salary, $95,449 - $102,091 + superannuation
- Full time (35 hours)
- Fixed-term contract until January 2023
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
- Two positions available
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. The 2 position are within the UNSW School of Mechanical and manufacturing Engineering in the ARC Training Centre for Automated Manufacture of Advanced Composites (AMAC)
- PhD in Mechanical/Materials Engineering with specialisation in composite/bio/dental materials.
- Experience and expertise in numerical simulation in dental/bio composites/materials area.
- Demonstrated experimental skills in composite materials fabrication and testing in dental/bio composites/materials area.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 9385 0708
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Sunday 2nd February 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.