Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Application closing date 03/02/2020
Salary Lecturer £36,914 to £51,034 Senior Lecturer £52,560 to £60,905 Reader £59,135 to £64,604
Job category/type Academic
As part of its growth strategy, the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Queen's University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint up to four exceptional candidates to academic posts at lecturer/senior lecturer/reader level commensurate with academic standing and stage of career. These new appointees will join a group of enthusiastic, highly research-active and collegiate academics who deliver a world-class education to our undergraduate and postgraduate students and undertake world-leading research in areas identified by the School's six inter-related research themes: Advanced Manufacturing and Processing; Future Aircraft; Composite Materials and Structures; Simulation Technologies; Clean Energy and Biomaterials/Biomechanics. Candidates, who believe they can make a substantial contribution to further enhance our teaching provision and research portfolio, are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates should demonstrate how they could contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching across Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Product Design Engineering programmes. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with experience in teaching control theory, mechanical engineering design, mechanics of machines, dynamics, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics.
We welcome applications from candidates who can contribute across the full spectrum of our School's research activities, and we would strongly encourage applications from candidates in fields of Advanced Manufacturing, including but not restricted to, Digital Manufacturing, Advanced Modelling and Simulation (including Cyber-Physical Systems), Design and Process Verification, Metrology, Material Processing, Assembly, Robotics and Autonomous Manufacturing (including Sensors, 5G, Industrial Automation and Control), as we seek to develop these areas as part of a wider University initiative. The University is currently in the planning phase of an Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Centre under a Belfast Region City Deal, and we envisage that at least two of our new academic appointments will be aligned to the research and teaching portfolio of the Centre.
The successful candidate must have:
- Honours Degree or Equivalent in Mechanical, Aerospace or related Engineering subject.
- Hold a PhD in a relevant research field.
- Minimum of 2 years postdoctoral research experience in relevant area (as outlined above).
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement or enhance existing activities within the school.
- Record of high quality, relevant, research publications commensurate with stage of career.
- Relevant experience of tutoring and demonstrating at university level.
- An outstanding academic research record
- Track record of research publications of international standard with demonstrable impact on the research agenda commensurate with stage of career
- Sustained record of obtaining research funding, commensurate to stage of career.
- Min 3 years' demonstrable experience in teaching excellence (including delivery and assessment) at University undergraduate level.
- Evidence of Co-ordination of modules and curriculum development.
Queen's University Belfast is a driver of innovation based on our talented, multinational workforce. Throughout the University, our academics are collaborating across disciplines to develop new discoveries and insights, working with outside agencies and institutions on projects of international significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
Our School prides itself in having an inclusive ethos and provides a welcoming and supportive environment for all of our students and staff. As a result our gender balance figures are better than those for other Schools in our discipline across the UK. In line with our own aims to improve representation, progression and success for all, we are currently holding a Silver Athena SWAN Award. We are ranked 1st in the UK for knowledge transfer partnerships, (Innovate UK) 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and affordable cities in the UK. The choice of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards are some of the best available, and lovers of the outdoors can enjoy any number of activities from rowing and kayaking to top class golf among many others. We are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
More searches like this
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Belfast