Admissions Specialist, Stanford Law School
At Stanford Law School, we are driven by a passion for new ideas and a commitment to transformative solutions. True to our roots in Silicon Valley and our Stanford heritage, we focus on the future — not the past. Experimentation, exploration, the translation of new knowledge into entrepreneurial solutions: All are in our DNA. So is interdisciplinary learning, pioneered at Stanford. SLS faculty stay close to the pulse of law as it is practiced in the 21st century and guide our academic program to address emerging opportunities in the profession. With alumni and students as partners, they champion law as an instrument of positive change on scales local, regional, national and global.
Stanford Law School is currently seeking an Admissions Specialist. The Admissions Specialist will be an integral part of the Law School Admissions Office as s/he will be the first point of contact for prospective applicants. S/he will resolve daily, routine issues regarding admissions using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference. The Specialist will directly report to the Associate Director of Admissions but will also support the Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid, and Admissions Officer. A successful candidate in this role will:
- Work with prospective applicants regarding admissions.
- Have extensive knowledge of admissions and financial aid procedures, and provide accurate information regarding the programs at Stanford Law School (SLS).
- Process high volume of admissions applications. Receive, distribute and/or respond to highly confidential documents. Review documents and forms for completeness and track files for follow up.
- Create and distribute decision letters. Responsible for technical and administrative aspects of mailings.
- Maintain integrity of data in the law school database and organization of the paper files.
- Respond to routine inquiries via phone calls, emails, and drop-ins from perspective students, external constituents, faculty and staff.
- Research and resolve routine admissions issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Process incoming mail. Receive, sort, process, and distribute highly confidential documents.
- Assist in the preparation of Admitted Students Weekend and other recruiting events.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements within the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid and Associate Director.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Oracle Financials (preferred)
- Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong word processing and data entry skills including the ability to produce accurate work when performing data entry, editing text, and updating Excel spreadsheets
- Proven record for handling highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion and good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility with changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to assume demanding workload during peak periods, typically November thru May
- Proven record of being a team player
- Excellent customer service skills
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential function of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/