Research Associate, Graph Symmetry
1 day left
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term appointment for 18 months with a start date of July 2020
- Opportunity to contribute to ARC Discovery Project lead by Professor Michael Giudici
- Salary range: Level A $69,308 - $93,653 p.a. plus employer contributed superannuation of 17%
Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The expertise of the Centre for the Mathematics of Symmetry and Computation covers permutation group theory, computational group theory, algebraic graph theory, matroid theory, finite geometry and related topics. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics was awarded 5 out of 5 in Excellence of Research Australia in Mathematical Sciences (Pure and Applied Mathematics).
About the opportunity
In this role you will work as a Research Associate on the ARC Discovery Project “Graph symmetry and simple groups” under the direct supervision of Professor Michael Giudici.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- A PhD (or near completion) in a relevant field
- Research background in permutation groups, simple groups or graph symmetry
- Strong research publication record, relative to opportunity
- Ability and willingness to perform research administration tasks
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced researcher who is able to demonstrate a strong research background relevant to the opportunity. You will be an excellent communicator who is confident and comfortable delivering seminars and presenting your research at national and/or international conferences. You are capable of working independently and you have demonstrated experience working effectively as part of a group.
Full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. In preparing your application you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Thursday, 30th January 2020
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019)