Research Assistant, Grant, Institute of Public Health
5 days left
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant on a one-year (renewable) contract to join the research group focusing on bullying at the Institute of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. Standard Duties of the Post This successful applicant will be involved with field work including communication, data collection, and data management, and will also support the research team in a wide variety of research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with stakeholders and arrange interviews and focus group meetings (FGM)
- Conduct and record interviews and FGMs
- Perform transcribing interviews and data abstraction
- Conduct a specified program of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design, development, and implementation of the research project
- Support the team in data collection and data analysis
- Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group and the Institute
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a major in health-related subject. Research experience and knowledge of medical terminologies.
Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in conducting survey research within hospital/out-patient or other settings.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Excellent computer and numerical ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility with working hours.
Special Instructions to Applicant
This position is for female native Arabic speaking only; 1 year contract, renewable provided the availability of fund and good performance of the RA
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date 31-01-2020
Job Category Staff