Assistant Director Careers Service (External Engagement & Student Enterprise)
The Careers Service plays a key role in the success of our students, working with them from the very start of their student journey to ensure they get to where they want to be when they graduate. The Service, comprised of six teams, works extensively with colleagues across the University, and with external partners, to provide students and graduates with the support and opportunities they need to succeed. We enjoy an excellent reputation across the institution and have good relationships with its wide range of partners.
External engagement and student enterprise comprises three of the six teams: our Employer Engagement Team, who work with large volume graduate recruiters; our Enterprise and SME Team, who work with SME organisations and work with and nurture start-ups; and our Engagement Opportunities Team, who bring together a diverse range of opportunities from across the University and beyond, helping to engage a wide range of students, many of whom aren’t yet ready to think about a career. The common thread in all of this is external engagement, whether that’s to create opportunities for our students to gain experience, or to establish and strengthen talent pipelines for our students and graduates to work with large organisations, small organisations, or to start up their own.
Over the next 12 months you’ll:
- Effectively develop a group of capable team leaders
- Quickly get up to speed with the relevant Careers Service priorities for the next four years
- Work with the Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus programme to identify opportunities for maximising employer partnerships
- Be accountable for the budgets allocated to you
- Partner with other senior University staff who have external engagement responsibilities
- Get to know the start-up ecosystem and identify opportunities - Play your part in the Careers Service Directors’ team
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for supporting and facilitating opportunities for students to get to where they want to be when they graduate.
- You’re an excellent leader who’s experienced in managing one or more teams.
- You have a track record of supporting and developing people - both team leaders and front-line staff.
- You're great at building strong, effective relationships with people from different teams and sectors.
- You lead through influence and example and build effective, self-organising teams.
- You have excellent influencing skills and can clearly articulate verbally and in writing.
- You are someone who can get up to speed quickly, thrives on digesting lots of information, is mindful of competing priorities, and can drive activity forward in a sustainable manner.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
More searches like this
- Permanent Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Permanent Directors jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Permanent Professional Services jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Permanent Student Services jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Permanent Other Professional Services jobs in Bristol (City Centre)