Special Scientist, Administrative Support Staff, Communication, Public Relations officer
CY‐BIOBANK RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN BIOBANKING AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF POSITION COMMUNICATION – PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Employment contract, (2‐year contract, renewable)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Molecular Medicine Research Center (MMRC) of the University of Cyprus announces one position for a full time Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff) to develop and implement communications measures for the CY‐Biobank Center of Excellence, funded by the research program: “Center of Excellence – Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY‐Biobank)”, which is co‐funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
The post involves organizing a variety of communication, promotion and marketing activities related to the dissemination of relevant information to a variety of stakeholders including the general public about the activities of the CY‐Biobank Center of Excellence. The post‐holder will be responsible for formulating and implementing the CY‐ Biobank CoE Communication Strategy and other tasks related to the center’s outreach priorities. Duties include the development and production of high quality promotional and informational material (e.g. leaflets, press releases, presentations, reports, information booklets, etc.) in several media including printed material, web‐based material, videos and social media, presentation of the Center’s activities to visitors and as well as the organization of fund raising and outreach events.
The CY‐Biobank project revolves around the upgrading of the existing Biobank of the University of Cyprus, to a Center of Excellence in Biobanking and Biomedical Research, adapting European standards of operation in collaboration with the Advanced Partners. This medical research infrastructure will then serve the foundation for developing the Cyprus human genome project and other genomics/genetics projects for diseases with Mendelian inheritance as well as complex disorders of multifactorial character that impact modern societies. The CY‐Biobank project aspires to create a research ecosystem that will serve as an incubator for young researchers, offering them the tools and the momentum to develop innovative projects of translational research aimed at precision medicine, taking advantage of the expertise of the personnel and the center’s infrastructure.
- Identify and implement measures to effectively communicate the activities of the CY‐Biobank CoE and its research and innovation output to a wide range of audiences through a wide range of media
- Manage the CY‐Biobank CoE website including content, design and preparation of material Prepare reports with the activities of the Center for targeted audiences
- Prepare and distribute publicity and promotional material
- Prepare press releases and other related material directed at media Prepare and deliver presentations to the Center’s visitors
- Coordinate the participation of CY‐Biobank researchers and academics in local, national and international events
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor`s or Master’s degree in science communication, marketing, communications, journalism or related field Excellent command of Greek and English language Excellent communication skills (written and oral) Ability to work with MS Office tools, develop websites, work with social media.
- Service orientation, sociability and teamwork
- High load capacity in stress situations and high operational readiness and reliability Independent, structured and careful way of working
- We offer an open and friendly working environment, an exciting job, working with a dedicated team and a challenging area of responsibility. Comprehensive continuing education offers long‐term personal development opportunities.
Terms of employment
The position will be for full‐time employment with a 2‐year contract and potential for renewal. The monthly employer cost will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €1,800 and €2,200. Employee and employer’s contributions shall be deducted from this amount. There is no provision for 13th salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Laws 1997 to 2011.
Submission of applications
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to:
email@example.com at the latest until December 27, 2019, and should include the following:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications that specifies their employment availability date (1 page)
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s) Short description of their practical experiences (1‐page maximum), both in Greek and English
- Contact details for at least two people, qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate
- Certificates attesting to the very good knowledge of English language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of an English school/University.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22‐892882 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cyprus aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in management positions, and therefore calls for qualified women to apply. With equal qualifications, women are given priority.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Other Research Related jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Professional Services jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Administrative jobs in Cyprus
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Marketing & Communications jobs in Cyprus