Associate Director, SMU International Office
- Full Time
- Senior Management
- Bachelor Degree
Closing On 01 Jan 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Determine and develop (International office) IO's portfolio of student programmes - inbound/ outbound and semester/ short-term, in support of SMU's internationalisation goals and efforts, including overseas exposure for all students, further developing SMU as a global campus, and raising SMU’s global profile.
- Lead and work with the team to identify opportunities and challenges in international education, and to formulate strategies and plans to grow, develop student programmes, including working with SMU units on funding support for students.
- Lead and manage the team in the implementation of student programmes, overseeing and guiding the team in the planning and execution of the full range of programme activities including negotiations with partner universities, student outreach and publicity of programmes, student advisory services and applications, (inbound and outbound) student activities, experience and well-being/ safety.
- Advice SMU management on IO's student programmes and related partner universities, as well as be responsible for the preparation of management indicators and other reports, including student experience and learning outcomes.
- Lead team's efforts to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the team's services, activities and processes.
- Build team capacity/ professional competence and strengthen team camaraderie.
- Assist and support the head of department with office administration and planning, finance and HR activities and responsibilities.
- University degree.
- At least 12 years of work experience in developing and managing international student exchange and other overseas study programmes for university students, including familiarity with the latest trends and developments in international education.
- Experience in leading and managing diverse teams, working and negotiating across cultures.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who is resourceful and resilient.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver who communicates well.
- Nurturing people-developer, team-builder and player.
- Driven and results-oriented.
- Has a keen appreciation for good systems, processes and documentation.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.