Specialist Advisor, Pensions
Application closing date 05/01/2020
Faculty / School or Service People Team (formerly Human Resources)
Salary £23,075 to £29,184 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Since 2010 the Coventry University Group has undertaken an evolutionary transformation. Our focus on growth and continuous improvement in teaching, learning, research and internationalisation has seen the University rise rapidly in both the Guardian University Guide and in The Times Higher Education rankings.
Building on our success, our finance strategy supports the Group's mission and values and highlights the strategic priorities for enhancing our education and student experience, our research, our role as a global University and our enterprise and innovation drive. With over 4000 staff globally and as one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer unparalleled opportunities within the organisation for career development and a competitive benefits package including; great pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, great training, personal and professional development and discounted membership to the University's bespoke GBP 4m sport and recreation centre.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver professional pension administrative service. This role is the escalation point for all pension queries that cannot be dealt with through lines one and two of the People Customer Service Centre.
- To deliver a customer focussed service by prioritising your own workload to achieve all deadlines (legislative and organisation) and ensuring those duties and functions are managed effectively and accurately.
- Supporting the People Partners and Advisors and senior colleagues, through the provision of thorough documentation, monitoring, tracking and recording in systems in relation to the pension administration for all of the University Group.
- The functional expert for the Pension provision across the University Group, responsible for providing expert advice for complex queries whether in person, by telephone, e-mail or internet, taking prompt and effective action and using the call logging system and updating the HR information system.
- Ensure that the requirements for Auto Enrolment (AE) and Auto Re Enrolment legislatively are complied with. Ensure that all pension administration is processed in a timely manner and to ensure that employees' contributions are paid accurately to the relevant pension providers on time.
- Certificate in Pensions Administration or equivalent pension's qualification and / or experience.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a pension team within a large organisation and / or Team.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and other regulations governing pension administration
- Experience of using computerised payroll systems for pension administration
- Detailed knowledge of Auto- enrolment, Re Auto-Enrolment guidance and HMRC regulations surrounding pensions.
- Experience of TPS, LGPS and USS pension schemes.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to tight timescales and to respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; good telephone skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and on own initiative.