Manager, Centre for Teaching Excellence
- Full Time
- Bachelor Degree
Closing On 05 Jan 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Collaborate with faculty to prototype customized learning materials and teaching tools as proof-of-concepts for the innovative use of technology in classrooms.
- Conduct iterative development of education technology applications by collecting user requirements and adopting feedback from faculty and students.
- Develop prototypes of games and simulations for educational technology projects
- Explore the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Analytics in educational technology projects.
- Maintain digital resources under CTE’s (Centre for Teaching Excellence) care, and provide technical oversight to ensure that the resources can be accessed with no disruption.
- Work with server vendors and perform server/database administration to ensure that CTE’s servers are stable and downtime is minimized.
- Liaise with the university’s Integrated Information Technology & Services team on matters of cybersecurity.
- Maintain CTE’s website and work with CTE team to ensure the site reflects current information of the centre’s initiatives.
- Write basic reports and summaries on usage of applications.
- Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Computer Science or a related area.
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience in evaluating user interfaces and usage patterns.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience