Adjunct Faculty, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. The University has experienced rapid growth, and currently has over 900 faculty and staff serving approximately 9000 undergraduate and 1000 graduate students on its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Zayed University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life, and to contribute to building a knowledge-based economy and society. The University expects its graduates to be proficient in English, Arabic, the use of computing technology, and quantitative and research skills. English is the primary language of instruction and administration.
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US. The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe, family-friendly, multi-national environment.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Zayed University, which is part of the College of Natural and Health Sciences, consists of highly qualified and enthusiastic faculty who promote intellectual growth in students with a wide variety of interests and educational goals. The department supports the Critical Thinking & Quantitative Reasoning Zayed University Learning Outcome in courses and supports curricula across the scope of the University. Courses challenge students to develop and apply reasoning skills and inquisitive habits of the mind that will assist them in a lifetime of learning.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is seeking enthusiastic and experienced part-time candidates who will be able to teach courses in Mathematics & Statistics in Abu Dhabi campus.
- A Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics/Statistics from an accredited university.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and the ability to adopt to diverse cultures is an asset.
- Evidence of outstanding teaching skills, and the ability to teach students for whom English is a second language.
- Experience of working on multi-section courses and the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom
Applicants must have a valid UAE residence visa and will be required to provide a No Objection Letter from their sponsor.
Visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on ‘Employment’ to be directed to the recruitment website. In addition to completing the online application form, please attach a cover letter, a current CV, transcripts and certificates, names and contact details of three professional references and a statement of your teaching philosophy.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled for a January 2020 start. While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
More searches like this
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Academic jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Teaching Fellowships jobs in United Arab Emirates