National School of Education, Academic Opportunities
Multiple academic positions available in the National School of Education based in Melbourne or Sydney
- Join the largest teacher education program in Australia
- Work in a discipline area you are passionate about
- Full time academic positions - Level B, C, D & E
About the University
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
About the National School of Education
The National School of Education is the largest provider of initial teacher education in Australia with a strong reputation for its high quality, work-ready graduates. Adding to its traditional strengths in early childhood, primary and secondary initial teacher education, the National School of Education’s disciplines reflect key strengths in the areas of early childhood, mathematics and literacy education, the arts, science and technology, educational studies, teacher professional practice, assessment, educational leadership, Indigenous education, and wellbeing and inclusive education.
Skills & experience
As a result of continuous growth, the Melbourne and Sydney Campuses have opportunities for academic staff across a number of discipline areas and levels. We are seeking candidates who:
- have a passion to inspire the next generation of teachers
- are capable of leading teaching education programs
- are committed to developing or and maintaining a research program that includes high quality research outputs in their chosen field.
- collaborate with colleagues and industry partners to deliver outstanding education programs
- support leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the University and implementing the strategic initiatives at a Faculty and School level
- are current teachers in the primary or secondary sector with a PhD
These roles will provide opportunities for the successful candidates to apply their extensive skills and experience to support the continuous growth of the National School of Education in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- ACU’s core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their potential.
How to Apply:
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge with a leading University that can offer ongoing career development and opportunities, we welcome your application.
ACU has partnered with Worner Consulting for the recruitment of these positions. To apply, simply submit your CV along with a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing your suitability to these positions to email@example.com Key Selection Criteria responses are not required.
To review a position description or for a confidential discussion, please call Andrew at Worner Consulting on 0449 967 637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 2 February 2020 at 11.55pm AEST.