Government Relations Advisor, Innovative Research Universities
4 days left
- Full Time
- Full time, 2 years fixed term role based in Canberra
- $ 96,022.00 -$ 109,805.00 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the Innovative Research Universities
The Innovative Research Universities (IRU) is a network of seven leading universities committed to inclusive excellence in teaching and research in Australia: Charles Darwin University, Flinders University, Griffith University, James Cook University, La Trobe University, Murdoch University and Western Sydney University. See https://www.iru.edu.au/about/purpose/
Working collectively, the IRU is at the constructive centre of Australian university policy making.
IRU lobbies the Australian Government for its member universities and enhances member universities through sharing policy and practice and creating opportunities for collaborative initiatives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Project Officer (Government Relations) will be based in Canberra.
About the role
The Government Relations Advisor
- supports the IRU’s engagement with the Australian Government, Government departments, and political parties and other higher education and research stakeholders; and
- advises on legislation and subordinate legislation and program guidelines for higher education and research across the Education and Immigration portfolios.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- High level communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to build effective networks
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis of Government legislation and program guidelines
- ability to work independently in a multi-tasking environment.
- A strong interest in, and knowledge of, Australian politics.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11 pm Monday 27 January 2020
Position Enquiries: Mr Conor King, Executive Director IRU, TEL: 0434 601 691 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs