Lecturer in Analysis
Applications are invited for a Lectureship in Analysis in the Department of Mathematics at King’s College London.
Candidates are expected to have a PhD in Mathematics and research expertise in some area of mathematical analysis (understood in a broad sense), and should have the potential to carry out research which has high levels of originality, innovation and depth that may lead to significant impact on their field in the long term.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Undertake a self-directed programme of research and scholarship at a level commensurate with the current international standards of excellence within the department.
- Demonstrate a proven ability or potential for achieving research excellence.
- Promote the reputation of the research group through scientific meetings, scholarship and other externally facing activities.
- Deliver an excellent student experience through innovative teaching and assessment methods for both undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes.
- Provide supervision to Postgraduate Research Students.
- Enthusiastically contribute to academic management, and support the administration and organisation of the department to further its education, research activities and ambitions.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality
The Department of Mathematics is a registered supporter of the London Mathematical Society’s (LMS) Good Practice Scheme which supports advancing women’s careers in university mathematics departments.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and have policies to support staff with flexible arrangements for parental responsibilities or those returning from a long-term absence. As part of the department’s commitment we are working towards holding an Athena SWAN bronze award. We positively encourage women applicants and those from an ethnic minority to apply, as they are currently under-represented within the Department of Mathematics.
The post is available from September 2020, and is located at the Strand Campus of King’s College London.
Further particulars of the post can be located in the job pack below and further information about the department and the research group can be found at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/mathematics/research/groups
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent.
The selection process will include a presentation and a panel interview.