Lecturer in the Bachelor of Arts
- Salary Package: From $103,914 - $122,947 p.a. (Level B), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, Fixed-Term for 3 years
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking an innovative teaching and leadership academic to work under the direction of the Associate Dean, Quality and Standards, to deliver and teach new Bachelor of Arts Foundation and Capstone units; coordinate undergraduate student e-portfolios and coordinate team-teaching activities across the Bachelor of Arts. As part of Macquarie University’s bold new curriculum 2020, the Faculty of Arts has revamped its key flagship undergraduate course, the Bachelor of Arts, to align with its future strategic directions around graduating students in the areas of humanities, arts and social sciences who are work ready and multi-skilled. A new framework was developed that offers undergraduate students a cohort-wide experience and scaffolded training in transferable skills.
For more information on Macquarie University’s Teaching & Leadership Academic Job Family Framework, please click here.
You will be able to demonstrate innovation in using technology to enhance educational delivery and have a demonstrated track record of exceptional teaching practice and curriculum design, development and implementation. You will have the flexibility to work on a multi-disciplinary curriculum development that approaches key questions and approaches to the range of Bachelor of Arts subjects. Experience with online facilitation of learning would be a distinct advantage as both the foundation and capstone units will be offered virtually and fully online to a large cohort of external students. You will have experience in successfully delivering a superior student experience to a diverse student cohort at undergraduate level and be willing and able to collaboratively contribute to the coordination of the Bachelor of Arts and ongoing success of the Faculty of Arts at Macquarie University.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- PhD in a relevant area of the humanities or education
- Demonstrated knowledge of graduate capabilities frameworks, preferably in the humanities/social sciences
- Demonstrated ability to design, co-ordinate and deliver undergraduate education in the humanities or and social sciences, including online programs
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the co-ordination and management of large undergraduate programs
- Capability to provide leadership at a program level and to understand and implement University policies and procedures in collaboration with University and Faculty staff
- Capability to provide leadership at a program level and to understand and implement National accreditation requirements in collaboration with Faculty staff
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and support academic staff at all levels to develop educational programs
Specific Role Enquiries: Associate Professor Panos Vlachopoulos, Associate Dean, Quality & Standards at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Mal Sawley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday 6th January 2020 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.