Postdoctoral Research Fellow or Research Associate in Bioinformatics
We are recruiting an innovative and highly motivated Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Associate to work with a team of researchers in the areas of epigenetics, RNA biology, chromatin interactions and cancer. Our laboratory is focused on elucidating the molecular mechanisms underscoring the activation of cancer driver genes (Nature Cell Biology 2015, 17: 1327-38; PNAS 2016, 113: 14402-07; Nature Communications 2018, 9: 3183) and investigating various modes of transcription regulation and chromatin dynamics mediated by oncogenic factors during cancer development. We are also expanding our study to identify essential gene regulatory networks in cancers through the development of new computational methods.
The successful candidate should be able to work in an innovative, dynamic and pro-active environment and perform bioinformatics analyses of several next-generation-sequencing (NGS) datasets including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and Hi-C/4C-seq independently. The candidate should demonstrate a keen interest in software/methods development to address biological questions and possess prior expertise in RNA-seq and ChIP-seq data analyses, pipeline development and algorithm implementation/development.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with:
- A recent PhD or MSc graduate (or 1-2 years working experience) in the relevant areas of computational biology/bioinformatics for Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Associate position;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with a variety of NGS datasets, pipeline development and algorithm development;
- Strong publication track record, indicated by first author publications in high quality journals.
- Ability to write/contribute to research articles, grants and keep meticulous notes/proper scientific documentation;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- A strong team focus and ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated ability to supervise PhD students and junior research staff for Postdoctoral Fellow position;
- Able to work and collaborate well with molecular biologists/cancer biologists
Salary: A competitive remuneration package (with health insurance and other benefits) that is commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate will be provided. A 1-year contract for a full time position will be offered at the start with the possibility of extension for another 2-3 years.
Click here to apply.
Location: School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally in the QS World University Rankings, and 1st in QS’ league of the world’s best young universities for five consecutive years. Young and research-intensive, NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world's best young universities and ranked 43th globally for Biological Sciences.
School of Biological Sciences (SBS) is established in 2002 with rich mix of culture and nationalities among our professors and students. We encourage Researcher to seek new knowledge, discover and create innovative solutions.