Lecturer, Medical Educator
- Part time (flexible), fixed term and ongoing positions
- Multiple positions available
- Based in Launceston
The College of Health & Medicine incorporates the School of Medicine, School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Menzies Institute for Medical Research and Wicking Dementia and Research Education Centre. The College provides world-class teaching and research experience, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University’s Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast and Sydney campuses.
The Lecturer – Medical Educator will work from the Launceston Clinical School as part of the academic and administrative team to support the achievement of consistent state-wide learning outcomes for medical students.
- Utilise contemporary approaches to achieve exemplary coursework and clinical teaching outcomes.
- Collaborate constructively with medical and interdisciplinary colleagues, patient partners, and the community.
- Participate in research with potential for translation to practical initiatives in medical education.
- Contribute to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Record of committed contribution to medical education.
- Ability to utilise information technology for curriculum delivery.
- Interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Willingness to reflect on feedback in developing professional practices.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $133,842 (pro-rata) comprising base salary within the range of $98,537 to $114,395 plus 17% superannuation (pro-rata).
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Doctor Tim Strong, Associate Professor & Director Launceston Clinical School, firstname.lastname@example.org or 6226 8792 / 0499 005 715.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close on Monday, 13 January 2020 at 11:55 pm