- Full Time
- Bachelor Degree | Post Graduate Diploma
Closing On 29 Dec 2019
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Setup and Lead the Voices@SMU virtual team
- To create, review and streamline protocol and framework involved when the team receives a student disclosure and the case is handled from when it is “open” to when the case is finally “closed”
- Maintain records and compile case statistics and summaries when required for reporting purposes
- Partner SMU stakeholders to have Voices@SMU as the go-to and first point of contact for students
- Work with the Schools and student-facing admin departments to promote Voices@SMU and have regular discussions with them on the initiatives of Voices@SMU
- Case management of student disclosures and reporting
- Manage all open cases and be responsible to report on all outstanding cases and provide a comprehensive assessment of the affected students.
- Assist students and clarify whether the behaviour constitutes discrimination, harassment or bullying, as defined in relevant University policy and legislation
- Assist students to clarify the outcome/s they are seeking to the problem and provide information and/or referral to informal and formal resolution processes available
- Provide support and liaise with other departments on behalf of students if needed
- Refer students to other support services available on- and off-campus
- Education and Outreach Initiatives
- Maintain and update website content for the Voices@SMU site
- Create tiered programmes, workshops, activities and e-modules to create and raise awareness amongst the students and staff around zero tolerance of misconduct in SMU
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of services
- Lead and conduct critical reviews of all closed cases and recommend improvements to provide better care to students
- Conduct benchmarking and review critically the effectiveness of initiatives and any other services provided by Voice@SMU
- Functions at the Student Services Hub (SSH)
- Understand the services provided at the SSH
- Attend to students and walk-in/telephone queries; transact payments, etc. over the counter
- Reply to email queries
- Supervise student assistants
- Support student workshops
- Help manage and support SMU ambassador activities
- Bachelor degree/Post Graduate diploma in Social Work or Master degree in Social Work
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong desire to assist people and foster a safe, harmonious and harassment-free climate
- Capacity to deal with confidential and complex interpersonal matters and maintain objectivity
- Strong cultural quotient and is sensitivity to cultural diversity with ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and strength in stakeholder-management to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Fast learner and an agent of change who is highly motivated, focused and results-oriented
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision-making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Good problem-solving skills and able to work independently through a questioning, organizing, researching, analyzing mindset to process and interpret information
- Resilient and effective in time management to be effective in case management
- Proven team player with strong verbal and written communication skills with capability to interpret and explain information relating to University organisation, policies and procedures clearly
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, good administration and organizational skills
- Proven track record to be flexible and manage contingency arrangements where necessary and manage multiple tasks/ assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions with strong follow-up
- Knowledge of higher education landscape, university organizational structure, student life cycle and related functions of student services would be advantageous.
- Adept in the use of technology and case management systems with high level of proficiency in applications like Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Access)
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.