Head, School of Management and Marketing
- Contribute to a program supporting rural and regional Australia
- Lead and build a culture of collaboration and success
- Great regional lifestyle just a few hours from the convenience of the city
- Fixed Term (up to five (5) years), Full Time
- Senior remuneration package in the range of AU$184,075 to AU$230,094 p.a.
- Bathurst campus (preferred location), Wagga Wagga and Albury-Wodonga campus may be considered
- Relocation support provided
The Head of School is accountable to the Executive Dean for the performance of the School in teaching and learning, research productivity and resource management. The Head of School will lead and manage the School ensuring all areas are operating efficiently and cohesively to provide a positive contribution to the mission and values of the Faculty and University. The Head of School is expected to provide the guidance and leadership required to allow the School to deliver high quality teaching and learning, impactful research and meaningful community engagement.
The Head of School will seek opportunities for the growth and development of the School developing and fostering linkages and relationships with industry, government, the professions and community. As a senior member of staff the Head of School will be required to contribute to the overall management of the Faculty and strategic development of the University.
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate in a cognate discipline relevant to the School, or equivalent professional practice and standing and recognised as a leading authority in that field including a record of academic achievement of national and/or international standing through distinguished contributions including research, academic leadership and the scholarship of teaching within the field or demonstrated equivalence;
- Demonstrated high-level managerial proficiency and comprehensive knowledge of the tertiary education sector, including experience in academic management and governance with leadership, strategic planning, financial, human resources, and decision-making skills required for the effective management of a multi- disciplinary program;
- Proven ability to build strong links with external organisations and industry professional bodies and the communication skills and ability to represent the university in the wider community to achieve tangible benefits; AND
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience in curriculum development and implementation as well as a commitment to the facilitation of culturally respectful and innovative teaching.
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Faculty of Business, Justice and Behavioural Sciences covers a diverse range of disciplines and is comprised of 6 Schools, 1 Centre and CSU Engineering - the School of Management and Marketing, School of Accounting and Finance, School of Computing and Mathematics, School of Policing Studies, Australian Graduate School of Policing and Security, School of Psychology, Centre for Customs and Excise Studies and CSU Engineering.
Our Faculty are leaders in their fields of teaching and research and combine significant professional experience with academic expertise. Our schools continue to grow through close collaboration and consultation with private industry, regulators, professional bodies, community engagement, partnerships and global networks.
The School of Management and Marketing offers subjects in management, marketing, entrepreneurship, human resources management, organisational change, strategy, indigenous business, leadership and regional business. All discipline areas are taught through undergraduate and postgraduate courses with subjects being taught online and internally at the Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Port Macquarie Wagga Wagga campuses and through partners at Charles Sturt University Study Centres (Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney) as well at our international partner institutions in China and Cambodia. Academic staff within the School teach and research in the discipline areas of Management and Marketing and many have extensive business and practical workplace experience that informs their teaching and research.
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents; or applicants who hold a current valid work visa commensurate with this position.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Interviews will be conducted in January 2020.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Professor Tracey Green | Executive Dean, Faculty of Business, Justice and Behavioural Sciences | email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 pm, 12 December 2019