Programme Manager, Business and Finance
1 day left
- Full Time
Closing date: 06/12/2019
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Development
This role will be based in London or Manchester
As Programme Manager – Business & Finance you will be responsible for supporting the strategic and operational development of programmes within the Accountancy and Tax portfolio, focusing mainly on management accounting and financial awareness.
- Presenting between 90 and 100 days a year for both public and in house courses.
- Focusing mainly on management accounting – covering areas such as management reporting, budgeting and forecasting, investment appraisal, preparation of business cases – and financial awareness for non-financial managers.
- Writing material or contributing to material in the management accounting and financial awareness portfolio. Proactively supporting freelance presenters with their content development also.
- Create a simple and effective range of PD short courses which are commercially optimised and delivered through a variety of mediums (F2F and online classroom live).
- Research of new developments and our competitors offering.
- Development of product strategy to blend the programme with the overall product landscape of Accountancy and Tax and thinking about what accountants and other professions – such as lawyers - would also benefit from.
- Take an active role in the strategic development process including supporting the Director of Programmes and the Director of PD in the creation of appropriate budgets, forecasts and targets.
- Working with the Head of Online Strategic Delivery in the development of an online landscape for BPP.
- Single point of contact for queries related to the range of programmes, providing support to the Director of Programmes and to any presenter resource employed in programme delivery
- Working on the implementation of large client programmes, including managing the overall project
- Liaison with BD and marketing to ensure there is adequate support to the programme range to ensure that there is good commercial support to the programmes.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of scheduling of dates for programmes to be run and to ensure that presenters are sourced for delivery and presentation of programmes.
- To liaise with relevant institutes/professional bodies and clients where necessary
- Manage the academic content and pedagogy of modules and programmes within specialist area/product stream
- To regularly monitor and review public course outlines and website content, make recommendation for improvements (consistency, language, learning outcomes, market focus) and co-ordinate their implementation
To manage a team of module leaders and freelance presenters to ensure successful design, deployment and delivery of programmes within your stream.
Teaching & Student Support
- To undertake a teaching and/or origination load appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role, which is expected to include approximately 90 days of teaching.
- Explore synergies throughout BPP, in particular, contributing to the effective integration of PD into the One BPP philosophy
- Involvement in recruitment and selection of teaching staff, where necessary
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this role
- To undertake a teaching and/or origination load appropriate to the level of responsibility of the role
- Supporting the wider PD business during transition
- Liaise with BD team and attend meetings (where possible) to convert opportunities
- and leads
- Contribute to improved success rate in tenders
- Support the Customer Service Team in Manchester with product updates
- Contribute to the PD pricing model
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job
- Familiar with management accounting, business finance and ideally financial modelling, and delivering financial awareness courses.
- Commercially and educationally focused with leadership and coaching skills.
- A strong understanding of the business environment and how it is evolving.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of how PD programmes are used within the field of Finance in professional practice firms and industry and commerce
- An ability to prioritise their own work and the work of others
- A willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- Ability to translate the needs and of objectives of the business, in line with the wider group agenda
- A proven track record of delivering on time, on budget and using your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to challenge and inspire people to engage in change processes
- Adaptable to change
- A good team worker
- A successful track record of leading and implementing change
- High attention to detail, tasks completed in full to set deadlines.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check