- SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- HOURLY RATE - $48.18 - $66.65
- CASUAL ACADEMIC
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is at the cutting-edge of nurse education and research. We provide the largest undergraduate nursing program in Western Australia, as well as a comprehensive range of other undergraduate programs and a growing portfolio of postgraduate programs of study. The School also produces research at a level exceeding world standards through our well-established and growing Centre for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Services Research.
The School is seeking registered nurses and/or midwives from a range of areas of practice to be appointed as casual academic markers. Applicants with postgraduate qualifications and/or expertise in the areas of mental health and/or children and young people’s nursing are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia;
- Sound knowledge of English grammar;
- Ability to diagnose and annotate English language errors in student's writing;
- Flexibility to accommodate marking periods within the academic year;
- Appropriate IT skills to undertake online marking;
- Commitment to completing marking within the timeframe required by the unit coordinator;
- Completion of mandatory orientation and inductions.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
- Successful candidates will be incorporated into a pool of markers for the School and contacted as and when marking becomes available;
- Markers will be appointed on a casual contract on a semester by semester basis and at times may be contacted to mark at short notice if available;
- Markers will work closely with the relevant unit coordinators in the marking and moderation process for each assessment task allocated;
- Most marking will take place online which enables a degree of flexibility for markers;
- ECU Policy requires assessments to be marked and returned to students within 10 working days of assessment submission.
Markers will be paid as per the ECU Enterprise Agreement (2017) with a range of $48.18 and $66.65 per hour.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Dr Beverley Ewens by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the University will be closed over the Essential Student Services Period, 25 December 2019 to 7 January 2020, and this email will not be monitored during that time.
How to apply
Please attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close on Sunday 5 January 2020 at 11:30 pm WAST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.