Maintenance Technician Multi, Function
- Applying of paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply all type of paints, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection of asset, like furniture, computer other electronic equipment and flooring etc.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Remove all mounting fixtures prior to execute the painting or wallpaper works.
- Apply several coats of paints according to directions of immediate incharge or as per the site requirement.
- Tape off areas when needed.
- Need to make neat, tidy the area after completion of the job, and remove the paint drums, plastic or other unused and remaining items to be stored at designated place as per the instruction of immediate incharge.
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Any other job or duties assigned by the management as and when required
Have 10 + year experience in similar job, and High School Diploma or Certification in painting works about understanding of Colour Theory, various Finish and type of painting material and wall covering(wallpaper).
- Basic Communication Skills (Arabic, English etc.).
- Able to speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Knowledge of reporting work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor
- Reading blueprints/instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Painting equipment and painting practices currently in use in the profession.
- The most efficient and cost effective painting and refinishing practices.
- Ability to work at height or confined space.
- Able to assist supervisor or immediate in charge for the requesting of materials according to site requirement.
- Have basic knowledge of calculation Surface/area and Equipment/tools required.
- Outstanding Physical/fitness skill, easy-going, teamwork capability
- Exceptional sense of creativity in the said field.
- Actively listening to customer preferences
- Assembling Scaffolds
- Calculating Quantities of Materials Required.
- A knowledge to request the required wallpapers and required tools and accessories to execute the job.
- Have ability to removal and installation of wall covering (wallpaper).
- Knowledge of Mixing paints.
- Selecting or recommending appropriate paint for the job
- Working independently
- Working quickly with accuracy
- Supervises assistants when provided.
Division Facilities Management Department
Department Facilities Maintenance Unit
Job Close Date 31-12-2019
Job Category Staff
Salary 2250 to 2250 AED