Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for positive change in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
To develop and implement a strategic plan that identifies key target markets to enhance and ensure the quality of accepted students to the university's academic programs.
ey Result Areas:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of student recruitment strategies in key local, regional and international markets.
- Identify and target high-potential students to enroll in HBKU's academic programs.
- Lead planning committees for small and large-scale events, in collaboration with HBKU
- Communications, to promote and encourage prospective students to apply to HBKU.
- Serve as key admissions representative for potential students; respond to and follow-up with all inquiries.
- Connect applicants with faculty and staff, as needed, to gain in-depth understanding of their respective academic programs.
- Develop content for all Admissions & Enrolment marketing materials such as brochures, publications and website in collaboration with HBKU Communication.
- Serve as the site administrator for all international standardized examinations such as SAT, ACT, LSAT, GRE and TOEFL which involves leading the operational planning and administration of testing in coordination with test providers.
- Evaluate existing, and propose new strategies for communication processes for prospective students.
- Assist in the reviewing and evaluating of admissions applications for academic programs at HBKU.
- Participate in the development and implementation of specific evaluation rubrics.
- Participate as a non-voting resource in admissions committee sessions with deans, faculty and colleges, including but not limited to, interviews, discussion of applicants and identification of high achieving students for scholarship.
- Submit reports to the relevant deans and colleges and recommend initiatives to meet enrollment targets.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the impact of student recruitment activities and programs; contribute to continuous improvement strategies and plans.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment.
- Compliance of all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols.
- Required to regularly work outside of normal working hours during the academic term.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Potential students and their families - frequent contact to encourage application, submission of documents, participate in interviews, host campus visits, complete enrollment process.
- Faculty and deans - frequent contact during admission review period to discuss applicants according to HBKU academic policies and procedures.
- HBKU communications - frequent contact for development of recruitment events, marketing materials for academic programs, dissemination of admission materials and identification of target markets.
- Partner institutions - work closely to recruit prospective students from their institutions.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence; takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus, judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- 2-5 years of relevant full-time work experience, preferably at an accredited selective enrolment university.
- Strong knowledge of higher education admissions, communications and marketing processes.
- Proficiency in a range of technology based applications including Student Information Systems (e.g., Banner, Datatel (now Elucian/Banner), Sales Force, etc.), MS Office, Social Media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to logically and persuasively outline and present thoughts, ideas, and specifications both in written and oral presentations.
- Knowledge of and experience in data analysis and developing data-driven reports.
- Knowledge of statistical programs (e.g., SPSS, SAS, etc.) an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely;
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.