Research Support Officer
The Social Policy Research Centre (SPRC) and the Centre for Social Research in Health (CSRH) are multidisciplinary Centres located within UNSW Arts and Social Sciences. They undertake a broad-based dynamic program of research on contemporary national and international social policy and health issues.
The Research Support Officer provides a high level of service to support the research activities of academic staff, including support for in development of grant submissions and the administration support for awarded grants.
- Salary: $87,033- $92,843 plus 9.5% superannuation
- Fixed-term contract till 29th May 2020- With the possibility to extend
- Full time- 35hr/per week
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Deliver high quality pre and post award support for internal and external grant opportunities
- Ensure reliable and efficient research administration, analysis and reporting across the Centres.
- Take responsibility for the administration of external research funding (grants/ fellowships/ scholarships/ commercial income) in accordance with and Centre requirements to optimise work flow and service delivery
- Target and successfully obtain external (including international) research funding opportunities relevant to the Centre’s areas of research and advise research staff
- Report on associated risks, the impact on opportunities of grants and plan any necessary risk mitigation with the Centre Manager
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of procedures to enhance research outcomes in order to improve the grants success rate
- Support the Centre Manager in the implementation of the Centre strategic plan in research and the alignment of activities and projects with the strategic goals of the Faculty
- Under the direction of the Centre Manager, ensure that research outputs align with the goals and objective of the Centre strategic plan
- Work closely with Centre Manager to identify training needs and, develop solutions and materials to meet training requirements
- Develop and improve systems and procedures to ensure efficient analysis and reporting
- Contribute to ongoing continuous improvement programs and projects to support the Centres
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Tuesday 10th Dec 2019 (AEDT)
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).