Technical Instructor, Aerospace Engineering
Application closing date 08/12/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade: F (£25,941 - £30,046)
Job category/type Professional Services
We have an exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly expanding engineering facilities at the University of Central Lancashire.
The post holder will play a crucial role, as a part of a highly skilled Technical Services team, in supporting the engineering workshops centred around the new Engineering Innovation Centre building now near completion on the Preston campus. The post holder will specifically be involved in the expansion of support for the newly enlarged aerospace engineering facilities.
The successful candidate will be primarily focussed on supporting undergraduate classes for aerospace engineering students, but may on occasion become involved with research and income generation activities. They will be a holder of Qualifications in relevant subject area (ONC, HNC, HND, BSc) or have the equivalent experiential learning in a related discipline.
The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and will possess extensive experience manufacturing fully functional model aircraft, together with all relevant skills and knowledge. They will have the ability to work with initiative and independently, to set priorities and to work co-operatively within a diverse team.
The ability to adapt your knowledge and experience to support staff and students across the wide range of subject disciplines we support would be an advantage. Applicants must also have good verbal and written communication skills. This post is based in Preston.
Benefits include -
- A full time annual holiday entitlement of 42 days, including 8 statutory public holidays and 4 discretionary University days.
- A 36.25 hour working week.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours – flexi time scheme
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to UCLan’s Pre-school centre
- Access to the University’s outstanding sport facilities which include the UCLan Sports Arena and the Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre with competitive membership packages.
Please apply online via www.uclan.ac.uk/jobs or by contacting Human Resources on 01772 892324 quoting reference number. CV's will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
School/Service: Learning & Information Services
Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week – 1.0 FTE)
Interview Date: To be confirmed