Deputy Director, Business Development
Application closing date 28/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Academic Partnership Unit
Salary £51,044 to £63,684 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Are you a confident business development professional with a strong track record of delivering against targets in a highly competitive environment?
Are you looking for your next challenge with a sector leading, international organisation?
Join Coventry University.
''We are a dynamic, global and transformational University Group.
Creating better futures, we will be world leading in all that we do.''
Fixed Term Maternity Cover until December 2020
Coventry University is forward thinking, proactive and unique institution which is undertaking a huge transformation; one that is seeing the University significantly rise in a number of UK and Worldwide Higher Education league tables. Our strategy to 2021 and beyond will enhance our position as a leading provider of innovative education - globally.
We have partnerships with academic institutions around the world, giving international students the opportunity to study a Coventry University qualification in their own country. We operate teaching programmes abroad for over 15,000 students around the World. In 2015, we were awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise, one of the most coveted accolades in UK business, in recognition of our international growth and success. We are one of only a select few higher education institutions to receive this award.
Who We Are
The Academic Partnership Unit (APU) at Coventry University works across the University group to identify, develop and support academic collaborations between Coventry University, both in the UK and around the world. Providing extensive support to our partners, the APU primarily helps to facilitate the development, management and delivery of academic programmes jointly with overseas education providers.
Our team has begun a significant new phase with ambitious targets for expanding the scale of our activity and becoming a leading university worldwide in the delivery of transnational education (TNE).
To achieve further growth and increase our presence worldwide, we are looking to recruit a Deputy Director Business Development with proven track records of client management, business development and leadership to join our expanding team.
Who You Are
As the lead of the Business Development Team, reporting into the Associate Pro Vice Chancellor International you will make a significant contribution towards the growth and future success of this dynamic and successful team, through identifying new partnerships and the development of new markets across the world and new forms of collaborative delivery and progression, through engaging both internal and external stakeholders, globally.
A highly enthusiastic and entrepreneurial professional, you will flourish in our team if you...
- Have a strong track record of business development within a target driven environment with a proven ability to lead others to achieve success.
- Area first class negotiator: a sophisticated communicator and engager, you use your knowledge and confidence to build enthusiasm and partnership
- Put the customer first: "customer delight" is demonstrably at the heart of your work ethos
- Are confident with managing projects throughout the lifecycle - you're a relentless completer-finisher
- Have excellent communication (both verbal and written) and a track record of relationship/account management
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and/or resilient when it comes to navigating complex organisational processes in order to achieve your objectives
- Have excellent data management/numeracy and analytical skills
- Are confident, fast and flexible
- Are a proactive and constructive status-quo challenger
- Have a proven ability to motivate and provide strategic leadership to a team faced with challenging targets.
- A competitive reward package including 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays (which increases with length of service) anda generous pension scheme including life insurance
- A learning environment, with the opportunity to pursue Leadership & Management trainings, MBA or DBA programmes, Project Management certification (Prince 2), language courses, international cultures training, financial education workshops ...and much more!
- Opportunity to tap into the diverse CU Rewards options: NUS discount card, tuition fee discount (staff children included), Vodafone Employee Advantage, West Midlands Travel card, Cycle to Work scheme, annual season ticket, physio therapysessions, free eyesight tests and eyewear discounts...and more!
- The opportunity to work in a vibrant and friendly team that supports one of the key strategic pillars of the University Group
- The opportunity to travel the world to grow and enhance educational opportunities for students across diverse geographies