Assistant/Assistant Professor for Department of English and American Studies
Deadline 3 Dec 2019
Start date 15 February 2020
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Assistant or Assistant professor (part time - 20 hours per week)
Requirements for applicants:
- Ph.D. in the field of English-language Translation or English Philology, or a plan (specifying time-outline and content) for gaining Ph.D.
- Experience with translation and / or teaching of translation (preference of candidates focused on translating non-fiction texts)
- Relevant publications in the field
- Intention to continuously develop own research and participate in joint research at the department, a prerequisite for qualification growth in the field
- Ability to work in a team
- Teaching courses in the Master’s Study Programme English-language Translation and translation courses in the Bachelor’s Study Programme English Language and Literature
- Independent research activity in the field of Translation Studies
- Participation in the organization of department activities, especially of the English-language Translation Study Programme
More information about the Department of English and American Studies at:
How to apply:
Applications accompanied by a motivation letter, structured CV including an overview of previous work experience, degree certificates, list of publications including translation works and a sample of own translation (including the original) 2-3 standard pages long will be accepted by 3 December 2019 at the Personnel Office, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Arne Nováka 1, 602 00 Brno in a form of e-Application (see below).