Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Studies
Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) seeks to be a leading research-led liberal arts University in Asia for the world delivering academic excellence in a caring, creative and global culture. The University has a student population of circa 12,000 and a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes leading to the award of doctoral degrees.
School of Communication
The School of Communication of HKBU is a leading school of communication, journalism, and film studies in the Asia-Pacific region. It comprises the Academy of Film, Department of Communication Studies and Department of Journalism, offering 20 programmes at sub-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate levels to circa 2,400 students. The dynamic academic environment entails Faculty members’ interdisciplinary collaboration across multiple fields of study. Under the University’s Talent100 recruitment drive, the School now invites applicants to fill the following positions:
Department of Communication Studies
The Department is seeking best qualified scholars with diverse cultural background and solid track record of research publications in reputable communication and/or other social science journals.
Potential candidates should:
- hold a PhD degree in communication or a relevant field;
- be able to teach public relations and/or communication studies courses (e.g. interpersonal communication, group communication, organizational communication, intercultural communication, information technology and social impact, and empirical research methods);
- maintain an active research agenda, produce quality research outputs; and
- demonstrate capability of obtaining competitive external funding.
Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract of two to three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) and send in samples of publications/creative works, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications and the latest teaching evaluation results. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Personnel Office (Email: email@example.com) direct. If not being invited for interview 4 months after the closing date, applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing Date: 22 October 2019 or until the positions are filled with qualified individuals
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Fixed Term Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong