Microsoft 365 Specialist
- Full Time
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering. It is co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
TEDI-London’s vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make.
Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.
We will inspire, disrupt and transform.
- Establish a new engineering school in London that specialises in creating socially aware and globally focussed engineers with a distinctively strong design and entrepreneurship skillset.
- Attract and empower a highly diverse body of students, giving them the skills to solve complex contemporary challenges, while providing employers with job-ready graduates through a flexible learning programme.
- Offer a curriculum co-designed and co-delivered by employers.
- Offer a culture and pedagogy that puts the employability of students first.
- Be located within a commercial and public sector eco-system in the centre of London.
- Establish over time student population with a gender balance of 50/50 and a domestic/international mix. Our employees will be equally as diverse.
A range of analyses, including the Working Futures 2012-2022 report, and forecasts on the number and type of engineering graduates in the UK by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), show that the UK will not produce enough engineers to fill expected employment demands by 2022. This shortage in engineering skills is reflected in other major reports including one from Engineering UK, which concludes that the UK will experience annual shortfalls of at least 20,000 engineers. The Royal Academy of Engineering is strongly urging the UK to develop a digitally driven and data-enabled economy. About 8% of engineering undergraduates in the UK are women, and the UK has the lowest percentage of female engineering professionals in the EU.
Market research indicates that positioning engineering in a social context is attractive to non-traditional engineering prospects. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from a range of backgrounds and perspectives. We will inspire, disrupt and transform: our alumni will have the skills and confidence to deliver practical, real-world solutions that advance how we live.
"These goals set TEDI-London apart from other engineering programmes and will enable a new kind of engineer for the 21st Century."
Working with us and for us
So, what does this mean for us as an employer.
The people who work with us reflect our ambitions for our students. We are keen to attract potential candidates who are creative and innovative, curious and passionate about what we are trying to achieve. You will want to try new things and not be afraid to learn from the experience. You will want to collaborate with colleagues – both locally and globally. Continuous development and improvement are part of your DNA.
You might have an engineering background, no teaching experience – but can actively demonstrate the passion and the potential to be a great teacher. You want to pass on your passion and learn new skills.
You might work in a professional role elsewhere – not necessarily Higher Education and would really relish the opportunity to design and develop your role, your function and organisation. You might work in traditional Higher Education and have a drive to be part of something different. You have always wanted to do things differently but the size of your organisation, history or internal politics mean you can’t make the necessary changes quickly to take advantage of developments in the world around you.
We are developing our proposition as an employer and you can be part of shaping our culture, our values and our future as an organisation. We are already clear though – all our employees are of equal value and status, whatever role you do. Our ‘single status’ terms and conditions are being developed to reflect these aspirations.
Our employees will be equally as diverse as our student population.
Microsoft 365 Specialist
Salary: Circa £45,000 inclusive of London Weighting
Hours of work: Nominal weekly hours 35. We actively encourage agile/flexible working in line with the requirements of all our roles
Responsible to: Head of IT Development
Primary place of work: Canada Water
The M365 Specialists will ensure an innovative, efficient and effective delivery of M365 products and services to TEDI-London in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The primary aim is the development, implementation and management of M365 services to ensure that TEDI-London has the right digital capability to meet its needs now and in the future. Microsoft products form the core of the TEDI-London digital strategy for staff and student services as well as marketing and communication.
You will be an experienced IT professional with significant experience of developing and managing M365 services such as; Exchange, Teams, SharePoint and Dynamics 365. You will likely have to build on your previous experience with one or more MS products and be willing to learn new skills to fulfil this role. We will support you on this journey but versatility is a must.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and management of M365 services.
- Working in product teams contributing positively to the ongoing roadmap and development of M365 services.
- Work constructively with external suppliers, building partnerships to ensure positive outcomes.
- Create and maintain suitable technical and operational documentation for all M365 services.
- Provide specialist technical knowledge to problems, and daily troubleshooting of a wide range of related issues in the service.
- Analyse operational issues and events providing information for appropriate senior managers.
- Monitor and review systems and services, correcting problems as they arise and using information to provide more effective service delivery
- Adhere to standards, methodologies and good practices
- Provide customised support and advice on how to best use the service to meet non-standard requirements.
- Assist in the provision of explanatory web pages, documentation and training materials for end users.
- Write knowledge base articles and publish them to our self-support site so that staff and students can look up their own answers to queries
- Analyse service logs and provide useful information (e.g. the variety of different devices connecting to the service, or unusual patterns of connection attempts) in detecting unauthorised intrusions.
Relevant Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of developing Microsoft products in a technical capacity.
- Experience of supporting services and infrastructures related to M365 services
- Demonstrable expertise in the technical aspects of the service (Office 365: Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams or Dynamics 365)
- Demonstrable experience in using appropriate platforms, scripting languages and application development tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerShell)
- Good understanding of supporting technologies such as ‘AD Connect’.
- Demonstrable experience of systems administration and configuration
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Project Management (or demonstrable experience of undertaking technical projects).
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of forming excellent long-term working relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Can provide technical presentations appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work under own initiative, including the confidence and ability to represent IT Services when needed.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject (or equivalent experience and training).
- A thorough understanding of the regulations and legislation relating to IT and the implications of non-compliance to these.
- Ability to be discreet and to identify the need for the protection of confidentiality.
Relevant Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in M365 Security across the suite.
- Experience in Azure Active Directory and MIM
- Experience in WIN10 and device management.
- A broad understanding of higher education and the processes within the sector of data cleansing and harmonisation, preferably using tools across different operating system platforms.
- Experience in change management and data management
- Experience of data migration and data cleansing.
- Microsoft Certification
- ITIL qualified at Foundation Level.
- KANBAN / Scrum.
How to Apply
Please send your CV of 2 sides of A4 to email@example.com by midnight on 12th December 2019. You may include a cover letter of 1 side of A4, explaining how you meet the relevant criteria for the role.
If you wish to discuss the role or want further details please contact David Minahan – Head of IT Development on 07585 100085.
Shortlisting to take place on 13th December 2019 with interviews taking place on Friday 10th January 2020.
Apply for Microsoft 365 Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly