Technician, IT and Media
1 day left
- Full Time
Application closing date 15/12/2019
Faculty / School or Service Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Salary £23,075 - £29,184 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances
Job category/type Professional Services
Coventry University is one of the leading higher education recruiters and was ranked top new university in the April 2017 Complete University Guide for the UK and named as one of the world's top institutions under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education world rankings.
The School of Art and Design has a proud history of over 175 years as the longest operating entity within Coventry University. Within the Faculty of Arts and Humanities it is part of a vibrant community of scholars, researchers and practitioners with a global profile.
The candidate will be required to provide skilled assistance and technical guidance focusing on IT and Media technical support within the School of Art and Design. Working with the Faculty's Learning Technologists, Academics and Technical teams this will also include support for Degree Shows, onsite and offsite exhibitions, management of specialist equipment (e.g. Wacom tablets, Polycom, VR and AR), software (e.g.Autodesk, Maya, Z-Brush), and specialist support for technology-enabled teaching initiatives.
The candidate will provide skilled assistance and technical guidance to students, academic and research staff on and off site, in the areas of IT and media, including:
- Providing skilled assistance to academic staff in preparation of teaching aids.
- Providing technical support inall School of Art & Design workshops and studio areas as required.
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day operation specified workshops and studios.
- Undertaking technical work as directed in connection with studio workshop projects advising students onrelevant techniques, observing safety precautions at all times.
- Undertaking the installation, maintenance, repairs and servicing where appropriate of all equipment and machinery used in the workshops and studios, liaising with external bodies as necessary.
- The post-holder will have experience of working successfully in educational environments, will be conversant with current health and safety legislation and must be prepared towork flexibly during peak periods.