Customer Service Adviser
Application closing date 29/11/2019
Faculty / School or Service Student Services
Salary £20,684 - £24,473 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
Ranked 15th in The Guardian, UK University League Tables 2020, we are rated as one of the top 20 Universities in Europe for our student engagement. Coventry University has a global reputation for providing outstanding customer experiences for our students, visitors and staff.
We are expanding and innovating our approach to provide excellent customer experiences for all our students throughout their life with us at Coventry University.
Due to expansion of our Student Engagement Centre, based within Student Services, we are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Customer Service Advisor to talk with our students. These conversations will primarily take place at key points throughout the student's journey, when they often need us the most.
In our first year we made over 30,000 calls to our students and over 10,000 referrals to the University's network of award-winning student led support.
We are driven by the absolute necessity to offer every student the best opportunity to succeed by supporting them with any and all their enquiries. Every student's journey is unique and this makes our role both challenging and rewarding.
Our goal is to offer a unique student experience unmatched by any other institution. You will join our dedicated team of Customer Service Advisors, learning how to set new standards for student centric customer experience.
The role is based on a 36.5 hours per week contract. Shift patterns operate between 08:00 and 20:00 on a 5 over 7 rotation. Most shifts operate between 08:00 and 16:30.
To love this role, here's the type of person you are and the skills you have:
- You can demonstrate you can offer a great customer experience through a variety of mediums and channels
- You'rea self-starter who loves taking initiative, always seeing things through the eyes of the person you're helping
- You're inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- You can listen and converse effectively with people of all nationalities and cultures
- You take pride and responsibility for the quality and content of your work and are happy to be accountable
We would expect you to be:
- Self-motivated, able to quickly assess situations and identify solutions to any queries that come your way
- Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent with IT and everyday applications
- Capable of producing excellent written and verbal communication
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Experienced in a customer service environment
- Able to demonstrate an empathetic and sensitive approach in a culturally diverseenvironment
Please write a covering letter addressed to Tom Beale, Customer Service Manager. Your covering letter should detail why you wish to apply for the role, with specific reference to our Job Description and Person Specification. Please do not upload a CV. Attach your covering letter to the section of the application asking you for your 'reasons for applying'.