Gift & Database Administration ,Office of Advancement
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Input donations and donor information into Raiser’s Edge (RE) and verify if additional information is required for accurate processing of specific transaction types.
- Serve as the interface with internal and external stakeholders relating to the gift administration; duties include completing gift agreement, reviewing incoming gift, pledge, dues and event transactions to verify proper documentation for each.
- Check and process online donations daily and ensure weekly cheques and donation forms are handed over to Finance to be credited into the bank.
- Work with Finance to manage transference and recording of cash, credit card, wire, stock, pledges and grants.
- Manage database interface with online donation portal and digital communications. Issue receipts and acknowledgement letters to donors on weekly basis.
- Keep proper filing of all donation records including updating the records in RE.
- Assist in the annual IRAS reporting exercise.
- Assist in providing donation summaries.
- Handle Internal Audit matters.
- Custodian of Constituent Records – managing records such as creating donor/new prospect records, gift records per gift agreements, relationship tagging, setup of action items, uploading of documents etc. in RE.
- Perform regular database audits to ensure integrity, manage clean up as needed in close collaboration with department staff.
- Data entry and maintain accurate database records for data integrity and reporting to various stakeholders.
- Provide donation summary/financial report to donors, fundraisers and schools as and when required.
- Generate mailing list for various internal publications for donors and prospects.
- Assist in the rollout of the new CRM Project and work with team member on data migration exercise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Degree with at least 6 years of working experience in the communications industry and at least 5 years in administration and database management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; take initiative, be a self-starter, proactive problem solver, and have perseverance; and maintain a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism to communicate and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills, and ability to prioritize and manage more than one project simultaneously required.
- Comfortable working in a complex, multi-department organisation and dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform well under pressure within time constraints with the highest degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
- Strong computer literacy skills and the aptitude to learn new software required.
- Experience working with broadly diverse groups of constituents such as donors, prospects, alumni, leadership, department directors, faculty and administrators.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience