International Admissions Officer
Location: London Shepherds Bush
Closing date: 28/11/2019
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: International - International Admissions
To provide a range of recruitment and administrative functions to support the International Office. S/he will be required to support the development of Apollo Global international activities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support International Office and other staff in the recruitment of international students and delivery of international business.
- Assist in achieving targets for international student recruitment and business.
- Organise arrangements for receiving and tracking enquiries, applications and enrolments. To process and respond to e-mail enquiries from, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail box within 24 hours providing a professional service.
- To answer telephone enquiries and ensure all calls are logged
- To call current students to ensure repeat bookings/applications.
- To undertake all admissions tasks required for the processing of international student applications, providing a professional service which is responsive to the needs of potential international students and agents.
- To record and process student applications efficiently, making offers in line with agreed criteria and managing referrals to Schools and Services where the decision cannot be made by the International Office.
- Process students’ bookings and applications on salesforce.com, X3 and Athena accordingly.
- Face to face dealing with students when required.
- Organise procedures for issuing and recording visa documentation
- Organise inputting of data and maintenance of records.
- Organise reporting of data to international team.
- Liaise with BPP Customer/Student Services team to ensure arrangements for provision of international information within the University.
- Contribute to customer service and to the international recruitment and business development work of the University, ensuring continuous quality improvement of your own work and contributing to that of the team
- To work with clients in a positive, polite and friendly manner, whilst maintaining a well organised an tidy reception area with relevant displays of material and literature.
- Participate in BPP University events, and where appropriate to be involved in organising events.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job
- Collegiate/creative approach to work, i.e. a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- This role will involve dealing with international students. The successful candidate will have the ability to empathise with people and relevant market places within the professional services sector.
- The drive and desire to move the International business forward and play an instrumental part in its development.
- Clear logical thinking and good planning skills, coupled with the ability to work well as part of a team in a very collaborative environment.
- Ability to work speedily and accurately to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Educational industry knowledge will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Organisational skills and ability to use own initiative to manage work load
- Decision-making skills
- Adaptable to change
- Proactive in suggesting ways to increase sales
- A friendly approach
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong keyboard skills.