Human Resources Business Partner
Location: London Liverpool Street
Closing date: 28/11/2019
Salary: £47,000-£49,500 dependent on skills & experience
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Human Resources
This is a key generalist HR role strategically partnering with your designated business units, utilising your excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement, embed company culture, identify and develop talent, lead OD and ER, and develop people management capability.
Location: London Wall Building, Liverpool Street – London (with regular travel to Manchester)
- Understand your designated business units and proactively coach, influence and support the senior managers to achieve their vision and goals by providing expert people management advice and solutions.
- Build and develop a professional HR relationship with senior managers, to achieve continuous improvement and identify trends for action.
- Embed BPP’s values and expected behaviours.
People Management competencies:
- Coach and support our people managers in the adoption of best-in-class HR practices.
- Develop and deliver HR related training to improve the competencies and management expertise of BPP’s people managers.
- Work proactively with the L&D team with identifying training needs, designing and delivering training sessions as required to improve line manager capability.
- Lead on and/or support individual ER cases and issues across the various business units.
- Work with the other HRBPs to ensure HR advice, policy and procedure is consistent and prioritised across the organisation.
- Deal effectively with any complex HR queries or cases which have been escalated from the wider HR team.
- Support the BPP Legal team with Employment Tribunal preparation and submissions.
- To proactively support operational restructures and change programmes following company policy and HR best practice.
- Highlight and mitigate any potential risks.
- Coach and support managers through change, for e.g. in delivering business rationale, conducting formal meetings.
- Ensure all key internal stakeholders (incl. payroll, HR operations and Reward) are engaged and updated on change developments. Ensure any HR issues are tracked and if appropriate, ensure HR operational processes are completed effectively
Project work and People Transformation:
In addition to the ‘business as usual’ agenda, you may be required to lead on or support projects to develop the HR agenda such as policy design, line manager toolkits. Within these tasks, you will be expected to:
- Proactively plan your workload to ensure project timescales are achieved
- Actively update the Senior HR Business Partner and other stakeholders regarding progress and implementation plans.
HR Team Support:
- Although there are currently no direct people management responsibilities, as a senior professional within the HR team, you will provide coaching, guidance and support to the HR Advisor and other members of the HR team.
- Act as the business expert for your designated business areas. Collaborate and share intel with the relevant HR Teams on issues that may impact them (HR Operations, HR Systems, Reward, Payroll, Recruitment and Learning & Development).
Key Requirements for Role
- Holds everybody accountable for great behaviour, including yourself
- Works with integrity
- Solid understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Confidence to challenge decisions and processes in line with BPP Values
Trust and Respect:
- Extensive generalist HR experience
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Highly developed and practical Employment Law and ER knowledge
- Significant experience leading on complex disciplinary, performance and grievance cases
- Take ownership of your actions and commit to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships quickly at senior level, to gain trust, credibility and confidence
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Work effectively with other teams and departments across the whole organisation
- Significant demonstrable experience in Organisational Change & Re-structures
- Demonstrates an ability to engage, enthuse and influence others through honesty, passion, vision and drive
- Good understanding of people centric change management and ability to coach and support managers through change
- Able to work flexibly and cope with the ambiguity of an organisation going through significant change
- Proactive approach to problem solving
Student, Learner and Client-Centric:
- Ability to translate business needs into HR best practice is essential – applying your HR knowledge with a common-sense, pragmatic approach
- Communicate effectively and in a professional customer orientated manner, both verbally and in writing at any level
- Good knowledge and understanding of the employee lifecycle and ability to coach and support the wider HR team to deliver aspects of the service
- Provide the highest quality service as standard
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- An HR qualification to degree or equivalent level
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working with HR systems
Exceptional candidates who do not meet the exact qualification criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.