Associate Director- Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Make your mark during a period of major transformation by translating and implementing the work area strategy and related business plans into operational activity, managing the utilisation of resources across programs, processes and work activity
- Located at Sydney Precinct
- Continuing, full-time and remuneration package $154K p.a which includes leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Associate Director-Sydney Precinct
In consultation with the Director Faculty Strategy and Partnerships and in accordance with University and Faculty strategic plans you will be responsible for:
- leading, maintaining, developing and advising on international relations with key international partners.
- providing operational leadership and implement strategy
- identify opportunities and liaise with local and international stakeholders on major initiatives of the Faculty.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Associate Director- Sydney Precinct who possesses the below experience:
- experience in managing and building positive working relationships at all levels (senior academic and professional staff to junior staff members and students) in a complex, matrix based organisational setting.
- ability to translate targets and objectives into tangible initiatives and execute against them, looking for innovative ways to achieve outcomes.
- ability to inform decision making across multiple initiatives and programs using in-depth knowledge of the external environment and legislation.
- proven management experience at a senior level; together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity.
For more information on the Faculty of Medicine and Health, please click on https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/medicine-and-health.html
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from firstname.lastname@example.org
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact email@example.com
Please refer to the position description for further details.
Job Reference No. 1961/0919C
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.