Manager/Snr Manager, Learning & Organisational Development, Office of HR and Faculty Administration
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
Employee Engagement Role
- Contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies; and executes the employee engagement (EE) strategy and policies.
- Maintains a pulse on the latest trends in employee engagement, and recommends innovation or improvements to current policies and practices.
Employee Engagement Survey & Action Planning
- Project manage, design, coordinate, execute and evaluate the various employee engagement surveys, assessments, and pulse checks to assess organizational needs and opportunities. This involves the full spectrum of activities starting with preparation and development of the survey(s) and communication plan, implementing the survey, analysing the data and recommending solutions.
- Develops, facilitates and leverages on a range of feedback channels and tools (e.g. skip level meetings, interviews, audits, focus group discussions, etc.) to complement the employee engagement surveys and ensure appropriate actions are taken on employee feedback.
- Collaborates and consults with key stakeholders to interpret employee engagement survey data, including creating presentations, toolkits and learning materials/resources, as required to help stakeholders understand the survey data and determine effective action plans.
Building & Supporting EE Communities
- Builds, strengthens and sustains a network of EE Ambassadors, cross-functional EE committees and teams, to enable them to implement EE events, programmes and initiatives successfully. In collaboration with the respective EE teams, develops operational and resource plans, budgets and schedules, and provides required operational support and resources.
EE Communications, Programme Management & Operational Support
- Plans, coordinates, delivers and provides content for for EE communications, campaigns and the team's intranet/SharePoint site (includes digital/virtual and face to face on a regular cadence, for e.g. write speeches, features organise townhalls/roadshows, dialogue sessions, volunteer recritment, etc.
- Collaborates with the L&OD (Learning and Organisational Development) team, facilitators, and other content experts, to design and deliver development and organisational change programmes to drive employee engagement, performance, and organisational effectiveness.
- Organises, develops and executes EE programmes and initiatives in the areas of new hire onboarding, employee recognition programmes, health and well-being (for e.g. employee assistance programmes). The role is responsible for providing operational support, including the evaluation and reporting on the effectiveness of EE campaigns, programmes and initiatives.
Contributes to the planning of the L&OD budget; works with respective stakeholders to manage and monitor the EE operational budget. Undertake any special projects assigned.
- General degree, preferably related to HR, psychology, and/or education.
- At least 5 years of experience in HR; preferred specialization in employee engagement, organisational development, and/or learning and development.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills with experience crafting communication plans and a range of messages, e.g. data-driven reports, presentations, speeches, scripts, talking points, etc.
- Strong numeracy and ability to gather, analyse and present data and insights to develop EE plans and actions.
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy; well-organised with attention to detail Required competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Excel/Access, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with SAP HRIS systems.
- Conversant in web-learning technologies, learning management systems, and virtual collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint, Yammer, MS Teams, etc)
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple demands, operational and ongoing issues, against tight timelines. Demonstrated understanding of HR Business Partner practices especially in employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, and change management. Innovative and critical thinker with good track record of providing sound HR advice and solutions on employee and organisational issues.
- Strong collaborative and partnership skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and across various levels of SMU
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated educational requirements and/or work experience may be considered. If successful in their job application, they will be offered a job title and salary package commensurate with their educational qualifications and work experience