Senior Manager, Content Marketing (5-month contract),Office of Corporate Communications & Marketing
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university. Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Plan an effective content marketing strategy in collaboration with the Senior Assistant Director, Digital Strategy and Marketing and the Senior Manager, Social Media, to meet the business objectives.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- Requires a brand publisher mindset: to create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimise the path to conversion.
- Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Develop and manage editorial calendar and organisation workflows pertaining to content.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution.
- Measurement and optimization of the content marketing projects on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Management of creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel pertaining to content marketing. Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- Bachelor degree in Communication/Journalism/Business/Marketing/Mass Communication.
- At least 4 to 6 years experience in creating content/social media channel management, preferably within education space.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, content management platform, Drupal and Wordpress CMS.
- Familiarity with SEO, content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English is a MUST.
- Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- A keen sense for trends, particularly in youth and adult learning space is a huge plus.
- Hardworking, creative, self-motivated and goal-oriented personality.
- A passion for lifelong learning through and a desire to share that via useful content creation.
- Start-up attitude - highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial mindset; independent worker.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven project and time management skills.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.