Manager, Research Engagement and Impact
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (Administration)
Salary package: $ 113,421- $118,839 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing
- Design and implement a framework to demonstrate the impact of the University's excellent research outside academia.
- Lead a small team of professionals to identify, document and provide an evidence base to support the University's engaged and high impact research
- Work closely with leading researchers to demonstrate how the Australian National University's research is solving the worlds big problems
The Research and Innovation Portfolio is responsible for the University's delivery of high quality research outcomes and impact through industry and business engagement and strategic partnerships with Australian and international agencies, alliances and external partners that will enhance the University's strategic goals. The Portfolio is led by the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation (DVC-RI.)
The Research Services Division is part of the Portfolio and is responsible for high quality services and advice at both an operational and strategic level in supporting the University’s research endeavours. In collaboration with College staff and other Portfolio staff the Division provides leadership in the operations and management of research and innovation services in support of the University’s strategic goals.
The Manager, Research Engagement and Impact leads a Research Services team, to deliver high quality and robust services relating to the management and reporting of the University’s engagement and impact activities, including reporting, analysis and training across the university, the collection of quantitative data and compilation of case studies. The Manager provides strategic organisational advice, guidance and support to senior management regarding the design, development, and implementation of the University’s strategic engagement and impact strategies.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Manager with a strong track record in providing strategic advice to research leaders, research groups and individuals and the promotion of research outcomes, and driving change and transformation. Experience with reporting in the Higher Education sector will be highly regarded.
For further information please contact Sophie Holloway, Associate Director, Research Analysis & Systems, E: Sophie.Holloway@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 1 December 2019
Position description: Manager, Research Engagement.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.