Skills Development Coach, Risk and Compliance
Closing date: 26/11/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology
BPP University, School of Business & Technology is recruiting for a Skills Development Coach role to accommodate the demand needs within the School across our Financial Services apprenticeship programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, to nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for the on programme support of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant Risk & Compliance, School of Business and Technology apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the learners enabling them to maximise their full potential;
- Manage a cohort of learners by providing excellent coaching and support throughout their apprenticeship programme;
- Deliver induction and industry relevant skills and behaviour sessions both face to face and online;
- Carry out review/coaching calls with learners and line managers to ensure progression with their studies;
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork, such as review forms and learner information files are completed in line with BPP quality standards;
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support teams;
- Provide detailed feedback to the learner on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards;
- Update data management systems to show how learners are progressing;
- Facilitate and moderate discussion forums on their VLE;
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools to actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available as per BPP quality standards
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advice on continuous development of learner e-portfolio’s and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes;
- Adhere to BPP quality standards;
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for apprenticeships are met;
- Other activities as and when required by the School.
Please refer to the full job description
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check