Location: Fitzwilliam House
Closing date: 26/11/2019
Salary: £20,572 - £22,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business & Technology
In conjunction with central teams within BPP University and teams within the School of Business and Technology, you will implement, manage and enhance all Academic Administration processes within the School.
This role is key to ensuring that all regulatory requirements are adhered to in relation to BPP University and external regulatory bodies (i.e. UKVI).
Attendance - Tasks
- Ensure that attendance is logged accurately and timely on the university’s systems, in line with BPP’s attendance standard operating procedure.
- Ensure that attendance of Tier 4 students is monitored in line with the UKVI’s regulations, working with BPP’s Study Visa team.
- Ensure that class registers are accurate at all times.
- Ensure that attendance of all students is monitored in line with the School of Business and Technology’s student engagement policies.
- Answer students’ attendance email queries within the School of Business and Technology’s service level agreement response time.
- Provide attendance data and analysis Academic Administration Manager on a weekly basis. Producing ad-hoc additional data as required.
- Ensure data integrity on the appropriate databases in conjunction with the wider delivery team.
- Responsibility for ensuring all registers are saved electronically for all programmes.
Assessment - Tasks
- Work with the wider Academic Administration team to undertake assessments tasks.
- Ensure that data integrity is adhered to at all times when dealing with assessment tasks.
- Support the smooth running of assessment sessions and deal with queries from both internal and external customers.
- Assist with the formatting of examination papers, production of assessment marking materials, collating samples for external examiners and professional bodies.
- Support the system for moving assessments through the marking process.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Academic Administration
- Undertake any ad hoc duties in line with level of responsibility as allocated by Head of Academic Administration.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Previous experience in an administration role (desirable)
- Impeccable attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and people-focussed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team worker and the ability to work alone without supervision
- Excellent knowledge and skills in using the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task when necessary
- Flexible approach to working in a collaborative environment
- The ability to deal positively with change