Industry Engagement Coordinator, Nursing
- Utilise your stakeholder management skills as you create partnerships with industry leaders and identify opportunities for industry-based training on behalf of ACU College
- 2-year fixed term position at 0.6 FTE available at our MacKillop Campus in North Sydney
About Australian Catholic University (ACU):
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU College is the Australian Catholic University's centre for delivering nationally accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications and short courses.
ACU College offers courses in nursing, education support, individual support, early childhood education and care, leadership and management, allied health, first aid, manual handling and CPR.
About the Position:
The Industry Engagement Coordinator (Nursing) will coordinate all NSW based, professional body, and government registration and accreditation applications and approvals, relating to Diploma of Nursing. The role contributes to negotiations with hospitals and other stakeholders regarding new and existing collaborations and manages the overall nursing operations including resources, delivery, compliance, quality and student engagement.
Skills and Experience:
More specifically the role will include:
- Engagement with industry partners recommending opportunities for industry-based training as well as reviewing the quality of work placement sites
- Ensuring all regulatory and quality standards are embedded in curriculum
- Implement effective processes to ensure that innovative learning practices are incorporated and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified
- Coordinate both student and Trainer and Assessor recruitment and selection activities
You will need to have:
- A degree or progress towards a Post Graduate qualification in a nursing related field with RTO coordination experience and an understanding of ASQA and ANMAC regulatory guidelines.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110 (with TAELLN411/401a and TAEASS502/a/b) or TAE40116
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration (RN) and have current Police clearance
- Capacity to coordinate the work of staff in the development and delivery of nursing courses in the university and within industry.
- Holds a current Police Clearance and Working with Children’s Check (WWCC). The successful applicant will be required to hold a valid working with children clearance for NSW
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,133 - $111,621 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be made through Sandra White, National Manager, Nursing, ACU College on phone number (03) 9953 3155
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 27 November 2019
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.