Lecturer, Careers and Education Development Program
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and you
The School of Education are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to teach into its Careers and Education Development Program.
They are seeking individuals who have:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching in a HE context, experience with curriculum design and subject coordination in an online and face to face blended teaching environment as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback, teaching excellence awards or through other scholarship endeavours of forms of evidence.
- Possess a record of academic and professional achievement in career development practice with a minimum of Graduate Diploma, professional membership of CICA of CICA member association.
- Demonstrate capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Employment will be on a casual basis and start in February 2020 and continue through until mid November 2020. The number of hours taught per week is open for negotiation and based on the student enrolment. Salary rate depending on qualifications: Lecture Basic $192.69, Tutorial Rate: $137.42.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining: your interest and suitability for the role, professional and teaching experience and your hours of availability.
For further information please contact: Dr Susan Mate on email@example.com
Applications close: December 13th 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.